Thyroid cancer is more common malignant tumors in head and neck cancer accounts for 1% -2 body%, women more common.Classification and characteristics of thyroid cancer, the vast majority of thyroid cancer have occurred in young adults. Because of its more pathological types, very different biological characteristics. Low-grade nature of thyroid cancer can sometimes live for over 10 years, and some can even sick to survive lung metastasis 5 years or so, but highly malignant thyroid cancer deaths in the short term.
Most of the incidence of thyroid cancer can come from a small number of follicular epithelial cells from the parafollicular, very few from the thyroid stroma, often clinically divided into thyroid cancer: papillary carcinoma, follicular carcinoma, undifferentiated four kinds of cancer and medullary carcinoma. Papillary carcinoma and follicular carcinoma of the lowest degree of malignancy, the prognosis is good. Is a highly malignant undifferentiated carcinoma, medullary carcinoma of the malignancy in between.
(1) classification and characteristics of thyroid carcinoma is a well differentiated papillary thyroid cancer is the most common type, accounting for 3% of the total number of thyroid cancer, -4%. In addition to the majority of cases there is a painless mass in the thyroid area, but few other symptoms. Disease develops slowly, longer course, susceptible to neglect, to delay treatment, the average duration of treatment has been the first 5 years, the individual can be up to 10 years. Papillary carcinoma is often accompanied by ipsilateral lymph node metastasis in lymph nodes around mostly in the jugular vein, rarely transferred to the lymph nodes under the collar can also be further transferred to the posterior triangle, or down to the mediastinal lymph nodes. As a result of infiltration of the destruction and oppression, can produce a series of severe symptoms and signs, such as due to breathing difficulties caused by tracheal stenosis, tracheal invasion chamber can produce hemoptysis, or bleeding; esophageal dysphagia after involvement; recurrent laryngeal nerve involvement can cause a hoarse voice after so. Papillary carcinoma metastasis can also be blood to the lungs, spine and other parts.
(2) follicular structures of follicular carcinoma is the main organizing feature of another well-differentiated thyroid cancer, thyroid cancer accounted for 10% -15% of the total. Follicular carcinoma more common in middle-aged women 40-60 years of age, longer course, slow-growing tumor with clear boundary, enveloped feeling, and thyroid adenoma is very similar. Primary lesion is usually single, but sometimes more. Tumor sizes were round, oval or nodular. Can move with swallowing, multiple pain or pain is not obvious. Sometimes appear very early hematogenous metastasis, lymph node metastasis but less than papillary carcinoma. A small number of follicular carcinoma invasion and destruction of neighboring tissue, airway obstruction and other symptoms can occur.
(3) undifferentiated carcinoma, thyroid cancer accounts for 5% -10% of the total clinical relatively rare, is a highly malignant tumor, short course, develop rapidly. Mostly found in older men. Anterior area mainly for mass, rigid fixation, ill-defined, often invading the surrounding tissue, a number of cases of thyroid cancer almost all been replaced. Patients often accompanied by difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, hoarseness and neck pain in the ear and other symptoms, usually two cervical lymph nodes palpable, blood metastasis are more common. Most anaplastic thyroid cancer had already lost the first treatment had a positive treatment.
(4) classification and characteristics of thyroid cancer Medullary thyroid cancer, which is a parafollicular cells from cancer, thyroid cancer accounts for 3% -10% of the total, is an intermediate grade of the cancer, can occur at any age, no significant difference in incidence between men and women. mostly sporadic, approximately 10% familial. Medullary carcinoma of the thyroid parafollicular cells from which nerve cells in erection tl from chewing a number of endocrine cells secrete biologically active substances. A process, such as 5-color plastic, prostaglandins, calcitonin, adrenocorticotropic hormone. In addition to clinical thyroid cancer and other thyroid and as a cervical lymph node metastasis, but also its unique symptoms. If about 30% of the patients had history of chronic diarrhea and flushing associated with carcinoid syndrome and the like. This is due to tumor secretion of 5 with colored plastic and prostaglandins to promote intestinal peristalsis acceleration caused by thyroid primary tumor and metastasis after resection of the neck, these symptoms can be eliminated.
- characteristics of thyroid cancer
- thyroid cancer characteristics
- malignant thyroid tumor characteristics
- medullary thyroid cancer characteristics