Otolaryngology maxillary sinus cancer is common malignant tumor, accounting departments of Otolaryngology 20% of the total number of malignant tumors. To occur in men over the age of 40. Maxillary sinus cancer caused by unknown etiology may be related to the following incentives: long-term chronic inflammatory stimulation; frequent exposure to carcinogens; the benign tumor malignant; trauma.
Clinical symptoms and diagnosis of maxillary sinus cancer are as follows:
Maxillary sinus cancer symptoms and diagnosis of common clinical manifestation of abnormal nasal exudate, nasal congestion, facial pain, facial swelling.
(1) abnormal nasal exudates: mostly in the early stages of tumor rupture or in combination, Department of maxillary sinusitis due to bloody exudate more prolonged unhealed, late may have odor.
(2) pain: the majority of tumor compression on the alveolar nerve system caused by the lower part of the maxillary sinus disease with early symptoms of the common pain, followed by ipsilateral headache, facial pain, jaw pain and nose. Of teeth, loosening and pain can occur. Often misdiagnosed as dental.
(3) facial swelling: Department of facial soft tissue due to tumor involvement. Swelling of the part can vary with the location of the tumor. Located outside the top of the forehead showed swelling caused by facial deformation; located inside of the nose showed swelling; involving the upper wall and lower eyelids can be caused by infraorbital edema.
(4) pain and numbness in cheek: at the top of the maxillary sinus tumors, easily invaded and infraorbital nerves can produce pain and numbness in face value, but also a sense of sinus swelling, the symptoms of early diagnosis is extremely valuable.
(5) difficulty in opening mouth: tumor backward development, involving the pterygoid muscles can cause difficulty in opening mouth, symptoms appear such a poor prognosis.
(6) stuffy nose: multi-line pressure due to nasal wall, with the inside of the tumor continued to expand, nasal congestion was progressively increased.
(7) Other: tumor involving the eyes can make the eye movement, or intrusion-wing Tang Wo intractable neuropathic pain can occur, involving the nasopharynx, there may be hearing loss, tinnitus.
Maxillary mass-based main signs of the disease. Because the disease is often associated with infection, it can reach the majority of inflammatory swelling of the neck lymph nodes, the soft, activity is high, may have mild tenderness, antibiotic treatment ineffective, and were increased, quality hardware, the gradual emergence of signs of poor transfer activity.
Clinical symptoms and diagnosis of maxillary sinus cancer diagnosed in the following
Maxillary sinus cancer early often restricted to the sinuses, the lack of positive signs. When tears of blood, face pain, numbness, pain on the dentition, tooth mobility and other symptoms should be on high alert. X-ray can show whether the tumor and swollen and narrow shape, scope and circumstances surrounding structures. CT and MR examination than X-ray examination is more comprehensive, accurate, has become a routine means of maxillary sinus tumors. In addition, the feasibility of maxillary sinus puncture cytology and biopsy.
- what is the difference of symptoms of a maxillary cyst and a maxillary cancer
- maxillary nerve numbness
- cyst maxillary sinus facial numbness
- stmptoms of maxillary sinus cancer