First, the concept of nasopharyngeal carcinoma
Nasopharyngeal carcinoma is a malignant tumor occurred in the nasopharyngeal mucosa. Mostly middle-aged onset of spring, there are young people who are ill. Etiology and ethnic susceptibility (prevalence of the yellow race more than whites), genetic factors and EB virus infection related to a higher degree of malignancy nasopharyngeal carcinoma, appearing early stage cervical lymph node metastases.
Second, the performance of nasopharyngeal carcinoma
More clinical manifestations of NPC, the early symptoms are the following 11 months. In this regard, we should be vigilant.
1. Back to the absorption of tears of blood, early may have bleeding symptoms, clinical manifestations of the nose bloody sputum suction, or blowing your nose when the tears of blood, sputum, or tears in the early stage only a little bloodshot, from time to time. Late more bleeding may have a bloody nose.
2. Tinnitus, hearing loss, ear occlusion sense of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the nasopharynx lateral side of the nest or the eustachian tube to die upper lip, the tumor compression of the eustachian tube can occur with unilateral tinnitus or hearing loss, can also occur Card He otitis media, unilateral tinnitus or hearing loss, ear occlusion flu, is an early clinical manifestation of NPC.
3. Headache, headache is a common symptom, accounting for 68.6%, may be unique as the first symptom or symptoms, the early parts is not fixed intermittent headaches, compared with late persistent migraine, site fixed. The reason, early nerves and blood vessels of patients may be caused by reflections, or the first of the trigeminal nerve caused by peripheral nerve stimulation, patients with advanced tumors often spread destruction involving the skull base or cranial nerves in the brain caused.
4. Diplopia, abducens nerve because of tumor invasion, often caused by out depending on the material was double vision. Trochlear nerve involvement, often caused by inward strabismus, diplopia; double vision, 6.2% to 19%, often at the same time with the trigeminal nerve damage.
5. Surface anesthesia of the face skin, numbness, pain and tactile clinical examination for the decline or disappear. Common cause of invasive cavernous sinus tumors of trigeminal nerve section 1 or 2 damage, the tumor invaded the anterior styloid foramen ovale, the trigeminal nerve often caused by ear the first three anterior, temporal, cheek skin and lower lip and chin numbness or paresthesia, paralysis of facial skin, 10% to 27.9%.
6. Stuffy nose after cancer can be thrown nasal congestion, nasal tumor is small light, followed by nasal tumors grow heavier, more unilateral nasal obstruction; if the tumor with bilateral choanal plug bilateral nasal obstruction can be thrown.
7. Symptomatic cervical lymph node metastases, nasopharyngeal easily the risk of neck lymph nodes metastasis is about 60.3% ~ 86.1%, half of which were bilateral transfer. Cervical lymph node metastasis often the first symptom of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (23.9% ~ 75%), many NPC patients themselves often accidentally touch the neck to the "mass" and medical treatment. This "mass" is really swollen lymph nodes. Cervical lymph nodes in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma, is often misdiagnosed as inflammation. The anti-inflammatory treatment for non-reduced, or even the continued rapid increase of the neck mass, especially in hard texture, fluidity poor integration between multiple groups without pain and sadness into a neck mass, the need for timely treatment.
8. Tongue muscle atrophy and Shenshe skewed, direct invasion or lymph node metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma to the styloid process or the posterior region of the hypoglossal canal, the hypoglossal nerve involvement, disease caused by Shenshe bias associated with disease side of the tongue muscle atrophy side.
9. Ptosis, vision loss or disappearance of the fixed eye ptosis, eye fixation and nerve damage related vision loss or disappearance of optic nerve damage, or infringement of the orbital cone.
10. Distant metastasis, distant metastasis of nasopharyngeal cancer rate of about 4.8% to 27%, and distant metastasis is the major reason for treatment failure in NPC, common sites of metastases are bone, lung, liver, etc. Multiple organ, shifted more common.
11. Associated with dermatomyositis, dermatomyositis and nasopharyngeal carcinoma can also be associated with, so the dermatomyositis symptoms of nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients with or without the nasopharynx should be carefully examined.
Third, the proposed
If the performance of more than 11 kinds of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in any of the symptoms, should be taken to hospital oncology clinic or ENT to rule out the possibility of suffering from nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
- concept of clinical manifestation