Colon cancer symptoms and treatment of one symptom of colon cancer
Colon Cancer onset hiding, mostly in middle-aged patients, but young people have the disease, male to female ratio is about 2:1, early only to see the fecal occult blood positive, and gradually as bloody diarrhea, dysentery-like pus and blood stools, tenesmus, and sometimes was intractable constipation, thinning stool form, stool, or paste, or alternating diarrhea and constipation, these changes became prominent manifestation of colon cancer. Patients often have varying degrees of abdominal pain, often erosion, necrosis and secondary infections, such as the right place at the right side will produce a dull pain abdomen, sometimes postprandial abdominal pain. The left side of colon cancer often complicated by intestinal obstruction, abdominal cramps from time to time, accompanied by abdominal distension, bowel sounds hyperthyroidism and so on. Common abdominal mass in the right abdomen, is one manifestation of the right colon, suggesting that has come in the late nodular tumor surface can be a sense, the general can promote, but when the tumor is fixed later, when infection may have tenderness. Colon cancer patients, there may be anemia, fever, progressive weight loss, cachexia, hepatomegaly, edema, jaundice and ascites.
In addition to the above symptoms, according to the different tumor site, clinical presentation is also different. Most colon cancer occurs in the rectum and sigmoid, followed by the cecum and ascending colon, transverse colon, splenic flexure and hepatic song.
(1) the left side of the sigmoid colon most small cavity, and the stool has become solid left colon, left colon mainly as a result of chronic progressive intestinal obstruction or intractable constipation. Abdominal distension, abdominal pain, abdominal Ming more apparent. Tumor ulceration can Adhesion of blood and mucus stool, and sometimes it blood. Early often misdiagnosed as simple constipation.
(2) right colon mainly as indigestion, right upper quadrant abdominal discomfort, irregular bowel movements, abdominal pain and abdominal mass, progressive development of the disease, there were anemia, weight loss, fever, and often misdiagnosed as colitis, intestinal tuberculosis, chronic appendicitis, Crohn's disease and cholecystitis.
(3) cancer mainly as an increase in stool frequency, defecation is unclear feeling. Thinning stool, and with blood and mucus. If violations of the sacral plexus cancer, there may be pain, intestinal obstruction can occur late. Cancer can affect the bladder, prostate and female genital and hematuria, urinary frequency and voiding difficulty.
(4) anal cancer mainly for blood in the stool, and pain during defecation. Cancer violation of the anal sphincter, can cause fecal incontinence.
Colon cancer (including cancer) are colorectal adenocarcinoma, is a common intestinal cancer. The etiology is not yet clear, but the incidence of this disease and multi-fiber diet with less fat, adenoma-like polyps, colonic schistosomiasis, non-specific ulcerative colitis, bacillary dysentery, amoebic bowel disease, are also closely with the Benbingfasheng related. Distribution of about 40% of the colon and rectum in rectal sigmoid curve, and the remaining distributed in the sigmoid colon, cecum, ascending colon, descending colon, transverse colon, liver, spleen, etc. music. Primary colon adenocarcinoma, mucinous adenocarcinoma and the rest of the undifferentiated carcinoma, gross morphology can be polypoid, ulcer type. Ring along the wall of colon cancer development, spread up and down along the intestinal longitudinal diameter or deep infiltration to the intestinal wall, in addition via the lymphatic vessels, blood transfer and local invasion, but can be planted to the abdominal cavity or along the suture, incision surface diffusion. More common in middle-aged men, who by the adenomatous polyps, the incidence younger.
Colon cancer symptoms and treatment of two methods for early detection of colon cancer
Large intestine in China for the first 4 to 6 common tumors. National incidence of colorectal cancer is about 45 years old, compared with Europe and America in advance for 15 years. Our young patients with colorectal cancer accounted for 23.7%. Incidence of colorectal cancer and dietary factors have an important relationship, high-fat, low fiber &127; colorectal cancer risk factors. Anaerobic bacteria were increased stool fat diet; lack of food fiber, reduced stool, the increased concentration of carcinogens in the gut causes cancer.
Screening methods are the following:
First, the digital rectal examination is the main method of examination for colorectal cancer, 70% to 75% occurred in the rectum and sigmoid colon. 75% of rectal cancer by digital rectal examination can be found in mass. People over the age of 40, to check once a year, in particular, there blood in the stool, then the frequency, stool with mucus and abnormal bowel habits such as tenesmus, rectal examination should be done. General to understand the digital rectal examination within 8 cm from the anal lesions, &127; such as increased abdominal pressure to do breath-hold action may be found in higher positions.
Second, the fecal occult blood test is simple, low-cost, people over age 50 have one every year, large-scale screening of colorectal cancer can be used as a screening method. If positive, then further to do colonoscopy. Fecal occult blood test can also be detected in gastric ulcer, gastric cancer, colorectal polyps and other gastrointestinal diseases, especially colorectal carcinogenesis rate of 10% to 20%.
Third, the sigmoid colon examination beginning at age 50 who qualified for three consecutive years, annual inspections. If negative, check again every four years later. Where there is blood in the stool or change in bowel habits, the digital rectal examination no abnormal findings should be routine sigmoidoscopy. About 75% to 80% of the rectum, sigmoid colon cancer can be diagnosed by sigmoidoscopy. This check is simple, can be observed in the lesion under direct vision, while living tissues can be collected, but also by electrocautery to remove adenomas and other pre-cancerous lesions.
In short, we put the control in primary prevention of cancer patients, can reduce the incidence of cancer; control in secondary prevention can reduce the cancer patient's death.
Colon cancer symptoms and treatment of three colon cancer treatment:
1. Chemotherapy in patients with chemotherapy after surgery usually within one and a half year ~ 2 ~ 3 courses with commonly used drugs, primarily of 5 – fluorouracil (5-FU), or in combination with mitomycin, cyclophosphamide ,5-FU total amount available for each course of treatment 7 to 10 grams. Can be taken orally or intravenously, preferably by adding glucose solution infusion, 250 mg every day or every other day. If the response is large, such as nausea, loss of appetite, weakness, decreased white blood cell and platelet counts, can reduce the amount of time, or increase the interval. Significant bone marrow suppression can be promptly discontinued. Gastrointestinal side effects by oral administration than intravenous great, but bone marrow suppression response to light.
Must pay attention to supportive care during treatment and for the reduction of side effects.
Failure patients undergoing resection of cancer chemotherapy, alleviate symptoms of a certain role in controlling tumor growth, but less effective, maintain a short time, if the patient generally bad, significant side effects, but aggravate the disease, should not be applied.
2. Immunological anti-tumor therapy can improve the ability of the patient, has developed rapidly in recent years, such as interferon, interleukin, transfer factor, tumor necrosis factor, etc., have become widely applied, not only can improve the patient's immunity, but also with for chemotherapy.
3. Chinese medicine treatment can improve symptoms and prolong life, enhance the body's r
esistance to diseases, delay the patient's survival, and chemotherapy can reduce the time with the use of radiotherapy, chemotherapy side effects.
Colon cancer symptoms and treatment of one symptom of colon cancer