Post-operative care of cancer patients
Post-operative care of cancer patients, surgery is the treatment most widely used method of tumor and the most important means. As a special way of tumor growth and spread, a broader range of surgical, destructive larger number of patients will lead to adverse effects or complications, and even some surgery can cause partial disability. Surgery to reduce and eliminate physical and psychological wounds caused to patients, to resume a normal life and work as soon as possible, after nursing it is very important. After the operation, the nurses doctors medical advice based on routine care and special care, some patients need to focus on monitoring. Throughout the nursing process, often require the patient's family, friends and relatives with and participation. During the post-operative care should pay attention to the following areas.
(1) the care of various drainage tube cancer radical surgery resection broader, often need to place the drainage tube after surgery. Should always pay attention to the drainage tube is smooth, to observe the drainage, drainage fluid, color and quality. Chest tube should also observe the level fluctuation, after pneumonectomy due to a large residual cavity, chest tube fluctuations, can cause mediastinal swing required damper to adjust volatility. Can understand the observation of the wound drainage with or without bleeding to be placed on cigarette drainage of the wound exudate observed situation. Bleeding, exudate and more dressing should be replaced. Turn over or get out of bed in the patient when the drainage tube should be fixed not to fall off.
(2) incision of care to maintain local hygiene, to avoid wound infection, wound suture removal should be avoided before the collision and extrusion, wound infection, suppuration, heavy bleeding and other medical staff should be invited in time.
Post-operative care of cancer patients (3) whether psychological care operation is successful or not, the patient may have concerns about many issues. Such as pain after surgery, postoperative left a permanent scar, limb defects, in vivo function of certain organs or tissue loss, surgery is complete, the future will further surgery because of recurrence in the future can live a normal life or work, etc. These problems are mental patients would result in adverse effects. So be sure to do a good job after the psychological care of patients, give them more understanding, caring and considerate, so that the patient mentally, psychologically, comfort and support for the idea to reduce unnecessary stress to maintain normal mental state, for a speedy recovery.
(6) postoperative rehabilitation exercises, including local and systemic rehabilitation exercises, the two complement each other, partial recovery is the recovery of the foundation body, the body turn, promote the rehabilitation of local recovery. Postoperative systemic activity is appropriate, necessary, but at the physical condition permitting, vary. After surgery if no contraindications, patients should get out of bed in 1-7 days. Activities away from the bed early to be from family, friends and other nurses arm, walk in the ward in order to promote functional recovery parts of the body. If severe surgical trauma, less postoperative physical strength, can not get out of bed in the nursing assistance to do limb movements in bed and turning movements. Good recovery if the body can gradually increase activity, change training content. Lung cancer patients after surgery, activity should not be too large, training process, we need to pay attention to changes in the body, accompanied by nursing staff. If there was not, shall promptly asked physicians, and treatment adjusted accordingly.
(4) diet after surgery care and diet, medical personnel should strictly abide by the orders. The first few days after digestive tract surgery can not eat normally, other gastrointestinal function recovery, the doctor informed before eating. Initially after surgery diet should be liquid, semi-liquid diet, such as milk, rice, lotus root starch, dates porridge, broth, etc., then it is easy to swallow, easy to digest, nutritious soft food such as bread, ravioli, noodles, etc., together with the meat, fish, eggs, soy products, vegetables, and fruits of some weakness or lack of gastrointestinal function should be used the way smaller meals. Some patients may need to give elements of diet.
(5) postoperative discomfort and complications of care after the pain and vomiting are common reactions. Anesthesia after the disappearance of pain conditions and in accordance with the scope of the size of the operation to give analgesic, sedative drugs, such as pethidine, stability and so on. Gastrointestinal surgery often vomiting, gastrointestinal decompression should be carefully checked whether the smooth, if not caused by poor drainage can be intramuscular metoclopramide.
Post-operative care of cancer patients, respiratory infections and secretions blocking the main reason for postoperative pulmonary infection. Mostly the result of leaving the pain of abdominal incision rate of reduction of respiratory motion. At this time the patient should be encouraged to cough, expectoration, the patient can be operated side by double palm press the chest, hands relaxed when breathing, coughing up the chest when pressed again, this would reduce operative side of the chest vibration amplitude. In the thoracic surgery, is particularly important to encourage patients to cough, cough, lung expansion can exclude residual cavity of the gas, liquid, helping to establish the negative pressure pleural cavity. After thoracotomy for aerosol inhalation, can be diluted sputum, easy to spit, to reduce lung infection have a positive effect.
- what are the psychological effects of post op complications for the oncology patient
- cancer patient post surgery home monitoring
- nursing assesment of post op lung cancer patient
- post care for cancer patients
- post op care for cancer patients
- post operative care for cancer patients
- post operative care of orofacial cancer patient
- Post-op care of the oncology patient 2015