Common symptoms of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (1) tears of blood: 70% of the patients had this symptom, of which 23.2% of patients as the first symptom to treatment. Forced back to the suction nasal or nasopharyngeal secretions, due to soft palate on the back surface relative to the friction with the tumor, the tumor blood vessel rupture caused by the surface. Light may cause tears of blood, and might cause a substantial amount of nasal bleeding.
(2) stuffy nose: usually unilateral and gradual progressive increase. After blocking the nostrils caused by the tumor, accounting for about 48%.
(3) tinnitus and hearing loss: 51.5%, respectively – 62.5% and 50%. Nasopharyngeal wall and the pharyngeal recess in tumor invasion, oppression, Eustachian tube, the tympanic formation of negative pressure, causing otitis media with effusion caused. At this point the lesser symptoms, such as blowing lines tensioned eustachian tube may be temporary relief. Xin force for the conductive hearing loss disorder, many accompanied by ear choking feeling.
(4) headache: 57.2% – 68.6%, to unilateral occipital frontal and parietal or characterized by persistent pain. Often due to tumor compression, cranial nerve or skull base invasion, can also be local infection or irritation caused by the reflection of vascular headache.
(5) cranial nerve damage: NPC up direct invasion and expansion, can damage the base of the skull bone, or by the natural channel or skull fracture, cranial fossa invasion rock butterfly area (including the rupture hole, Yan bone petrous apex, eggs hole and the cavernous sinus), the first III, N, V (1,2 branch) and M on the cranial nerves are violated, the performance on the risk of ptosis, ophthalmoplegia (including abducens nerve palsy alone), trigeminal Yen neuralgia or pain in the area due to meningeal stimulation, etc. (the superior orbital fissure syndrome), as there is the first E of the cranial nerve, compared with the orbital apex or rock butterfly syndrome.
When the NPC extended to post-styloid parapharyngeal space area, or parapharyngeal lymph nodes to the deep oppression, invasion, may involve the first minister, X, Wei, X cranial nerve and cervical sympathetic. (Ipsilateral cervical sympathetic chain is compromised, there may be risk of cracking ipsilateral stenosis, Mu-hole reduced ipsilateral enophthalmos and less sweat or no sweat, also known as Honer syndrome was 2.22%.) Article V of the first three cranial nerves can be infiltrated in the brain, can also parapharyngeal pressure and injury. Article I, H on the cranial nerves in the brain by the front of the fourth cranial nerve back to the solid rock Yen Department of Protection of bone, which are less susceptible to abuse. Nasopharyngeal carcinoma invasion paths on the cranial nerves and the clinical manifestations in Table.
(6) cervical lymph nodes: About 40% of patients with cervical lymph nodes as the first symptom to diagnosis, about 60% of the time of diagnosis "- '80% of the patients had cervical lymph node. Transfer of part of it is typical of the deep cervical the group of lymph nodes, but coverage of this group of lymph nodes sternocleidomastoid, and is painless mass, the onset is not easy to find. also a part of the patient's lymph node metastasis first appeared in the posterior triangle.
A common symptom of nasopharyngeal carcinoma (7) symptoms of distant metastasis: more than 95% of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells as undifferentiated, highly malignant, about 4.2% when diagnosed cases have distant metastasis, death cases after radiotherapy distance transfer rate of up to 45.5%. Metastatic sites in bone, lung, liver the most common. Youyi pelvic bone, spine, ribs and limbs up. Bone metastasis usually presents local continuous and fixed parts of the pain and tenderness, and the progressive intensification of early changes do not necessarily have X-ray, whole body bone scan can help diagnose. Liver and lung metastasis can be very subtle, sometimes only in the regular follow-up chest X-ray, liver CT scan or B-type ultrasonic inspection found.
- Name the most common symptom of nasopharyngeal carcinoma that is reported in over 90% of patients who are diagnosed with this type of cancer
- Name the most common symptom of nasopharyngeal carcinoma that is reported in over 90% of patients who are diagnosed with this type of cancer (two words)