Cause of liver cancer

By | May 8, 2012

Cause of liver cancer
Cause of liver cancer, hematogenous metastasis, the lymphatic flow transfer, direct spread of cancer is the main reason for liver cancer; where the majority of liver metastases due to hematogenous metastasis. Now are summarized in the following:
(1) hematogenous metastasis: The liver is the largest volume of intra-abdominal parenchymal organs. Very rich blood supply to the liver, blood volume, blood flow rate, the liver blood supply from the hepatic artery and portal vein composed of two pipeline systems, hepatic blood flow in 25% -30% of the oxygen-rich from the hepatic artery arterial blood, the other 70% -75% return from the collection of the gastrointestinal tract of the portal vein blood, blood by the liver after hepatic artery and portal vein into the very small branch of step by step into the sinus, back through the porous walls of hepatic sinusoid to the central venous sinus, the left end progressively converge to the liver, liver liver the right hepatic vein 3 import inferior vena cava. Through the hepatic artery and portal vein blood sinusoidal, sinusoidal with a single core within the macrophage system and liver Kupffer cell phagocytosis, as if through layers of filters, the bacteria in the blood, pigment and other debris removed. Which contain the blood of cancer cells through the liver, the cancer is very likely to stay in the above circumstances, the liver, and grow together to form metastases.
Cause of liver cancer, the blood supply system of the liver have two sets of one hundred and eleven vein and hepatic artery system, so the blood due to liver metastasis, metastasis, and metastasis via the portal vein into the hepatic artery transfer two kinds. The hepatic artery and portal vein blood flow accounted for 70% -75%, while the portal vein is the venous blood returning gastrointestinal tract, it is by the portal vein metastasis, liver cancer, liver cancer, the most important for the majority of the transfer via the portal vein, about accounted for 35% of metastatic liver cancer _50%, its main source is the portal vein drainage area eleven gastrointestinal tract and pelvic malignancies , such as stomach, colon, rectum, gallbladder, film adenocarcinoma, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and so on. Transfer of the hepatic artery from the pulmonary metastatic liver cancer and the main circulation of various organs, a common source of lung cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer, malignant melanoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma and so on.
(2) the transfer by the lymphatic flow: the transfer of this approach is the formation of metastasis through the lymphatic system, common in the gallbladder, lymphatic spread from the gallbladder fossa to the hepatic hilar lymph nodes or lymphatic vessels along the retrograde transfer to the liver. Other gastrointestinal cancer but also through the hepatic portal lymph nodes along the retrograde lymphatic metastasis to the liver. Breast, lung, mediastinal lymph nodes through the hepatic falciform ligament retrograde lymphatic metastasis to the liver.
(3) Direct spread: As the name implies, this transfer is outside the liver tumor to neighboring organs invasive growth, a direct violation of the spread of the liver, common in the stomach, transverse colon, gallbladder, film, and right renal adenocarcinoma, adrenal gland tumor.
Cause of liver cancer, primary malignant tumors in almost all parts of the body to occur liver metastases (brain tumor is extremely rare.) The most common is via the portal vein, hepatic artery disseminated hepatic, sometimes via retrograde lymphatic infiltration of adjacent organs or by direct spread of invasive cancer of more than 50% of metastatic liver cancer from the stomach, colon, rectum, lung and breast cancer. Other common occurrence of liver metastasis of adenocarcinoma of the primary cancer, including film, gallbladder cancer, esophageal cancer, melanoma, carcinoid, lymphoma, nasopharyngeal carcinoma, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, adrenal cancer, and so, thyroid and liver metastasis of prostate cancer incidence is lower. Metastatic sarcoma are rare, mainly from the gastrointestinal tract and uterine leiomyosarcoma. In addition, about 5% of the metastatic liver tumor of unknown primary tumors.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *