About adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung: adenosquamous carcinoma (adenosuuamous carcinoma, ASC) adenosquamous carcinoma is lung cancer rare, squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the composition, are mixed lung cancer. Each component is not 10% of total cancer.
Another of the more common, occur in older smokers. Tumors located in the peripheral lung, located outside the histological type is adenocarcinoma, and adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma share similar amount; in adenosquamous carcinoma with squamous cell carcinoma.
Introduction 1 adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung. General characteristics of adenosquamous carcinoma of the gross morphology is not specific. If in the peripheral lung, the majority showed a single nodular, unclear boundaries with the surrounding lung tissue; rare large necrosis.
Introduction 2 adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung. Endoscopic features of the tumor by a mixture of adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma. Two kinds of cancer, the majority of the ingredients were intertwined; also be separated by fibrous stroma, the two components were three regional distribution of histological structure.
(1) to adenocarcinoma: well differentiated adenocarcinoma of the general, is a common subtype, such as acinar adenocarcinoma, papillary adenocarcinoma, a liquid discharge teaching inside and outside cells. Mainly in the periphery of lung, adenocarcinoma accounted for the majority of the total cancer, but not less than 10% of squamous cell carcinoma. Mucus staining [love the first blue (AB) or PAS], cancer cells diffusely positive; immunohistochemistry, CEA was strongly positive, while CK weakly positive.
(2) squamous cell carcinoma: squamous cell carcinoma was moderately differentiated general, cancer nest was layered like structure, we can see the bridge between cells, with occasional cells keratosis. Were located in the central area of lung. Squamous cell carcinoma account for most of, but not less than 10% of the mucinous adenocarcinomas stained positive for adenocarcinoma showed diffuse areas; and squamous cell cancer in some occasional mucus-like droplets. Immunohistochemistry, CK showed diffuse strong positive, CEA weakly positive.
(3) adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma is almost equal: this type of almost all located in the peripheral lung. Differentiated adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma and low. For solid adenocarcinoma adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma small cell carcinoma for basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma samples. This type of adenocarcinoma and squamous cell over the same period the prognosis worse. Mucus staining, focal positive cancer cells. Immunohistochemistry: CK, CEA expression was positive cancer cells, weak; vimentin (vimentin) expression of a small number of cells can be positive.
About 3 adenosquamous carcinoma of lung. Glandular adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma squamous cell carcinoma diagnosed only less than 10% of the total cancer can be diagnosed as adenosquamous carcinoma.
- adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung
- adenosquamous carcinoma lung