Symptoms of esophageal cancer, (1) the early symptoms of esophageal cancer sometimes expressed very small, usually after the early stage of the sternum when eating area (or pit of the stomach Department) has discomfort or swelling nausea needle-like, burning pain. Swallowing a foreign body through the flu, the symptoms are persistent. Can also have food while eating in a part of the feeling of stagnation. In addition, the upper esophageal cancer may have throat discomfort or foreign body sensation; middle of esophageal cancer in the food may have a chest or back discomfort; lower abdominal esophageal cancer may have after eating Fullness flu.
(2) disease progression, that there were dysphagia, with progressive tumor growth and invasion, esophageal lumen became smaller, dysphagia showed progressive increase. Early into the dry food difficult, to be followed into the semi-liquid but also difficulties, the most severe liquid, water is immune to. During this period there may be intermittent period, but the overall trend is gradually increased. Sometimes the severity of swallowing difficulties, do not necessarily express the severity of disease, as carcinoid tumor associated with inflammation or edema, or recover from illness esophagus twins, they can aggravate swallowing difficulties. In addition the degree swallowing difficulties also related to the type of esophageal cancer.
(3) The obstruction of esophageal cancer, the food, saliva and mucus can not happen: the accumulation, to a certain amount of time can cause vomiting. Strayed into the trachea when the spit thing, then the sudden cough may be complicated by bronchial pneumonia.
(4) from undernutrition and dehydration, patients gradually weakening and wasting. Cancer when associated with deep ulcer, often chest and back pain, especially in the more obvious when to swallow. Ulcer perforation can cause esophageal tracheal fistula, eat, can cause severe coughing and can spit up food debris. When the tumor penetration of the mediastinum can cause mediastinitis; penetrate thick chest can cause chest; corrosion and bleeding can occur when blood vessels and other serious complications. Cancer also appears infringement or thoracodorsal nerve pain; violations of the recurrent laryngeal nerve can cause hoarseness; violations of the phrenic nerve can cause phrenic nerve paralysis; violations of the vagus nerve can cause the throat, neck or ear pain. Such as compression of the trachea and bronchial cancer can be caused when the shortness of breath, dry cough and so on. Supraclavicular lymph node metastasis, often palpable swelling of the lymph nodes.
Based on years of clinical observation, esophageal cancer are the main symptoms of the following:
1. Swallowing difficulties
Progressive increase in dysphagia is the most prominent of the disease, the most typical and the most common symptoms. Early onset and more intermittent, or performance of swallowing food, blocked in the esophagus of a department, after mild pressure in the sternum and adhesion sense. When the obstruction aggravated sexual sense, the violation of esophageal cancer often weeks after Pat 2 / 3 or more, usually around the esophagus has been associated with invasion and lymph node metastasis. The degree of swallowing difficulties often associated with pathological type, narrowing the medullary type and more serious, not only can not swallow solid food, semi-solid or semi-liquid is not easy to swallow, forced to swallow the event of a food reflux.
Often seen spitting white foam adhesive strip or sputum, or swallow or spit obstruction, which is esophageal stenosis, esophageal infiltration by poor and inflammation caused by esophageal reflex and salivary gland secretion of presenting symptoms.
Chest and back shoulder and foot area persistent dull pain, lower or cardia cancer pain can occur in the upper abdomen. Usually caused by inflammation around the esophagus, mediastinal inflammation, ulceration, or tumor infiltration of adjacent tissues and organs directly caused. Accompanied by fever or severe pain may be a tumor perforation.
4. Progressive weight loss
Eating less because of obstruction, malnutrition gradually increased, because of mental stress and vomiting sticky sputum, mucus, leading to weight continuously reduced.
Symptoms of esophageal cancer 5. Other performance
As the disease progresses, tumor ulceration, there may be bleeding, violations of the recurrent laryngeal nerve is a hoarse voice, the late symptoms have increased the dehydration, systemic failure and showed cachexia. Concentration can cause swelling of esophageal perforation, pneumonia, mediastinitis, lung abscess, tracheal esophageal fistula. If the whole wide range of transfer, the corresponding signs and symptoms appear, such as hiccups, chest tightness, shortness of breath, cough, difficulty breathing, coma, jaundice, ascites, and supraclavicular lymph node enlargement.
- coughing up white foam
- coughing up foam
- spitting up white foam
- Coughing Up White Foamy Mucus
- spitting up foam
- coughing white foam
- coughing up white foam from lungs
- spitting up foamy saliva
- coughing up white phlegm with bubbles
- coughing up clear foamy mucus