Lung cytology specimens – sputum smear common non-tumor cells and non-cellular components can be observed in the sputum smear the following non-tumor cell components.
1. Squamous epithelial cells in sputum coughed up by the mouth, which often mixed with shedding from the oral cavity, mature squamous epithelial cells.
2. Ciliated columnar epithelial cells ciliated columnar epithelial cells of the degeneration is very easy, so in sputum smears can identify the ciliated columnar epithelial cells are rare. DU from the larger bronchi cilia-like epithelial cells, elongated conical, its free edge and a broad flat, but the cilia very easily. While those from smaller bronchial ciliated columnar epithelial cells classified as cone cells shorter.
3. Goblet cells were high columnar goblet cells, a large number of straw fluid internal cytoplasm was vesicular or vesicular, round or oval nucleus. When Bo liquid is higher, pushed to the substrate and the rules of the nuclear shape.
4. Rare basal cells in sputum.
5. Phagocyte cells to determine whether secretions from the lungs and bronchial deep significance from the government of the people, to determine submission of sputum is also an important indicator of eligibility. Cells were round or oval, occasionally visible cytoplasmic processes, cell sizes, the diameter of 10 ~ 40m.
6. Neutrophils in sputum neutrophils is the most common cells. In the bronchial: bronchiectasis and pneumonia, sputum neutrophils often dominated. Swelling of lung cancer, the nuclear deformation or long and slender thread.
7. Lymphocytic sputum of patients with chronic bronchitis, common scattered lymphocytes. Lymphocyte cluster appeared, and you should pay attention to lung cancer, metastatic cancer or lymphoma and leukemia and other identification.
8. Plasma cell the sputum occasionally visible, as mature plasma cells.
9. Eosinophils in bronchial asthma or allergic disease in some lung and sputum eosinophils in large quantities there.
10. Sputum can occur because of megakaryocytes from bone marrow megakaryocytes in the pulmonary capillaries into the alveoli through, with the result of sputum discharge. The giant nucleus, and easy to mistakenly believe that cancer cells. However, because of megakaryocytes in the sputum smear is rare.
11. lung cytology specimens – sputum, sputum cell-free package components: (1) calcified bodies: purple or particles of calcified bodies found in the sputum occasionally, especially when chronic tuberculosis cavities more fiber more common. (2) Asbestos bodies: in asbestos production workers or in contact with the cinder containing asbestos workers, can be found in the sputum are sometimes beaded rod-like structure of asbestos fibers. (3) Kesi Man spirochetes (Curschmann spiral body): Kesi Man burgdorferi is most common in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in heavy smokers and the elderly were more common, its formation may be due to too small bronchial mucus secretion ciliary activity and less sticky, thus staying in the small bronchial cavity longer have the result of concentrated mucus.
Lung cytology specimens – sputum smear background is more complex, multi-cellular components, and with varying degrees of change. Should pay attention to their morphological characteristics.
- columnar epithelial cells in sputum