Colon tumors, in addition to polyps and adenomas, the colorectal other less common benign tumors, fatty tumors, fibroids, fibroids, adenomyosis, and other vascular tumors and papilloma.
1. colorectal adenomas and adenomatous polyps and colon polyps are the most common benign tumor and tumor-like lesions. Both histologically obvious differences: adenoma can become cancerous, polyps do not change for the cancer, the two can be single or multiple. X-ray findings to edges smooth, sharp, round or oval-shaped filling defect, protruding into the intestine. If Di, you can, the next move, the colon can be no change in contour. Double contrast, the adenomas or polyps edge with a small amount of barium, can form a ring shadow in sharp contrast with the gas.
Polypoid colorectal tumors, the diameter of lcm or less, the possibility of cancer, less than 1%. 1 ~ 2cm in diameter were, the possibility of cancer, about 6%; diameter greater than 2cm, then the likelihood of cancer is about 25%. Broad based polypoid lesions in the colon wall were present depression, and more malignant; polypoid lesions if the width is greater than height, also tend to malignant.
Colon tumor 2. Colorectal polyps in the colon polyps more than 10 lesions, referred to as colorectal polyps. Hereditary colorectal polyposis is divided into two major categories of non-inherited, rare. X-ray examination in the diagnosis and treatment plan are important values. Medical Cancer Hospital reported 40 cases of colorectal polyposis, including 37 cases of familial polyposis, x ray showed diffuse type in 22 cases, lesions were less than 10mm, some were arranged like corn, no normal mucosa apart, some lesions have normal inter- mucosa. All lesions were 17 cases of colon. Scattered lesions size from 10mm to 1130mm above the following, among lesions with normal mucosa. Most mixed lesions less than 10mm, a maximum of 40mmo19 cases of significant family history. 17 cases complicated by cancer, "the median age of 37, the smallest of the cancer is 15mm, pedicle, but has invaded through the muscle layer; greatest for the 12X7 (cm spoon, mostly 3-5cm. Including 3 cases of multiple cancers, are in the sigmoid colon and rectum.
3. Villous adenoma villous adenoma of about 10% are generally wide-base, surface, such as papillary, irregular contour of the epithelial cell tumors. Good site for the rectum and cecum. Villous surface of the intestinal mucosa grow, and some distributed in the intestinal wall like a carpet-like, while others gathered together to irregular lobulated. Intestinal submucosa and muscular layer were not changed. Villous adenoma of the clinical symptoms of the same with other adenomatous polyps, a common blood in the stool, constipation and diarrhea. When the tumor is large, can have a lot of mucus discharge. Highly malignant villous adenoma incidence rate as high as 30-60%, surgical resection is often difficult to complete, easy to relapse after surgery.
X-ray findings of irregular shape for the disease, was mulberry-like or even daisy-like appearance, the mucosa shows a grid. When the tumor was malignant surface nodules of varying sizes, leaf phenomenon obviously, tangent spaces, the tumor at the base wall inward depression.
4. Colonic lipoma is a relatively common benign tumors of the colon, is common in middle-aged or elderly, occurs in the cecum, ascending colon from the following gradual decrease. Mostly single, and even can be multiple. Most lipomas occur in the submucosa to the lumen prominent, about 2 / 3 pedunculated, a few in the subserosa, may have originated in the fat down. Cancer often has lobulated round or oval diameter usually 1-10cm, yellow, soft, and occasionally mucosal surface ulcers caused by blood in the stool, or due to tumor induced Results intussusception caused abdominal pain, abdominal mass produced.
Barium enema colon lumen can be seen there is a round or oval filling defect, mostly for duck eggs to the size of the edge finishing. When the tumor is pedunculated, the pedicle and the intestinal wall is connected to chunky, and Wisdom of movement. Sessile lipomas semicircular broke into the cavity. Lipoma of the surrounding mucosal surface and more complete emptying of barium into the air or after the time for double contrast, barium remaining often forming dense circle around the ring around the tumor, local expansion of the intestinal wall can be more flexible. Larger tumors in the tangential position projection can be seen when the tumor is located at the density reduced.
Colon tumors, a small number of colon cancer in other organs by direct invasion or metastasis of cancer from the most common violations of the colon rectum and sigmoid colon region, the primary tumors in the stomach, breast, membrane, pelvic and reproductive organs Department. More than planting in metastatic colorectal lacunae. Outside the colon tumor showed direct invasion by intestinal pressure, displacement, narrow and rigid fixation. Late may invade the intestinal wall, its shape is not easy and the distinction between primary colon tumors. Other parts of the colon metastatic tumors spread from the blood stream, blood flow to the colon cancer cells with the wall, so often multiple foci, the formation of nodules in the colon filling defect. Sub-foci increases, the development by the muscle to the serosa, the formation of large bowel tumor or around the longitudinal axis of growth, caused by intestinal stenosis, resulting in obstruction. Early colonic mucosa no change, or flat straightening, could later be abused, the formation of ulcers.
- carpet like central areas of depression colon neoplasm
- colorectal tumor with no clear base is it cancer